We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hands are a very important part of our body; we could call it our business card. This is why you must always have them in order if we want to give a good impression to who we are in front of. Often, what prevents us from having good looking hands are the ones yellowed nails.
The causes are attributable to several factors: smoking, the use of low quality nail polishes, a lack of vitamins or mineral salts.
To effectively remedy this unfortunate problem we can make use of various natural remedies. In this regard we will illustrate you how to whiten yellowed nails with natural products easily available at home.
Yellowed nails, natural remedies
Baking soda and lemon juice
- In a bowl, pour a teaspoon of baking soda, a tablespoon of lemon juice and 100ml of hot water.
- Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are combined
- At this point, dip a finger in the mixture and spread it on the nails gently, without exerting too much pressure.
- Wait a couple of minutes, then rinse your nails with warm water and apply a drop of olive oil over them to hydrate them.
- Repeat the operation at least once a week
Lemon juice and milk
- Cut a lemon in half and dip all five fingers into each of these
- Let the juice work for about a quarter of an hour, then rinse your hands and immerse them in a container containing milk.
- Leave them to soak for about 5 minutes then rinse with warm water
- Repeat the operation every day, until you begin to notice improvements.
Hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide
- Apply the mixture on your nails and let it act for 3/4 minutes.
- Rinse your fingers with warm water then put moisturizer or common olive oil on top.
Hydrogen peroxide and hot water
- In a bowl, pour 1 part of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 3 parts of hot water then dip your hands into it.
- Leave them to soak for about 10 minutes and repeat the operation at least a couple of times a week.
Lemon juice and olive oil
- In a bowl mix 100ml of olive oil with 100ml of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture obtained on the nails and let it act for 5/6 minutes.
- Repeat the operation every day, until you begin to see improvements.
- Apply a small amount of gel directly to the nails and massage them gently.
You might also be interested in Flaking nails: remedies